Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Mr Lange's Guide to Asking Questions Empty Mr Lange's Guide to Asking Questions

5/25/2010, 3:36 pm
Mr Lange, aka Short Factor here. Over the years I've received countless, and I mean countless stupid questions, things that either make no sense or are impossible to answer, or things that aren't even worth answering because a retarded monkey in a tin foil space helmet could figure out. Despite this I've dedicated lots of time helping people and now I'm here to help you ask appropriate questions so people can give practical answers.

First of all, take time and effort to solve the problem yourself. Research, use some brain cells, only ask for help if you're totally stumped.

Second, ask practical questions. No one can answer "how do i use flash" or "how do i make animations". These are massive fields of practice and theory that have no simple answers, and require YOU to explore on your own. There's also encyclopedias worth of very good tutorials all over the place for virtually every subject. No excuses now.

Third, specify. Before you ask, "where do i get sprites/sounds", there's no such monolithic archive of anything on the internet. Resources like these are fickle and scattered, and many things you just have to rip or create yourself. There's some collective resource sites out there and if you don't find it on those, it probably doesn't exist. Make/rip it yourself.
Also, when you ask questions for certain types of resources, use your noggin. Don't ask "where can I find a woosh sound", but maybe "What would make a good sound for a swinging object or something moving quickly".

Most things in the fields of animation are things you have to learn on your own. If you are struggling learning how to import an image to Flash, or even finding a tutorial you can understand, consider giving up, its probably not your thing or your brain doesn't work.

One thing I cannot stress enough. Never attempt to hire other people to do things for you. What I mean is, if you suck balls at animation, or cannot do/understand anything, don't go asking others to do it all for you, like animating your crappy series.

Here's my comprehensive list of examples of REALLY BAD, IDIOTIC questions that are frequently asked (believe it or not) so do NOT be this guy:

how do i rip the models in advent children and then animate them
does anyone have the font used in smbz
where can i get startrek flash
can someone tutorial advanced multi-level 3d modelling and animation for my sprite movie called "Chrono vs Mario"
can someone tutorial ms paint
can i get teh effects for zapping something
i dont know effects for wooshing around
where can i get an effect for spinning
i need light shining effects for flash
can someone give me special effects for water
i need a sound of someone jumping thx
where can i get sounds for flash
i cant find voice clips
i need to get the sound of flying
i cant find the energy waves sound
can anyone does know find where final fantasy IVI bgs
does ne1 no where i can find blast
i need the morphing sound thx
does anybody runescape sprites
i need the sounds of gravity wooshing like that can anybody help

How many do you need before this point is clear to you all? Some of these examples are real by the way, and its sad to see human brain power is running so low nowadays. To anyone reading this, especially those who need to, give all these pointers some thought, and think when asking around.

With respect, Mr Lange.

Last edited by Mr Lange on 9/5/2010, 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Mr Lange's Guide to Asking Questions Empty Re: Mr Lange's Guide to Asking Questions

5/25/2010, 4:13 pm
I wish this could actually cause a change =(

TL;DR. Don't be stupid, and lazy before asking a question.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12927
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Mr Lange's Guide to Asking Questions Empty Re: Mr Lange's Guide to Asking Questions

5/25/2010, 6:42 pm
With respect, Mr Lange

After calling people dumber than monkeys, i'm pretty sure there's little to no respect at all. Razz
BDB
BDB
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-11-04
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuXjF_iQpAu8knfObJU2EA

5/25/2010, 7:48 pm
I'm kinda scared to ask a question now 0.o
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9153
Registration date : 2009-05-23

5/27/2010, 4:08 pm
Let's see if you're really good at answering things. Answer this :

There's any ways of doing parallax scrolling with a V-CAM ? If yes, how many ?
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

5/27/2010, 5:10 pm
joset153 does not know how to ask questions -_-,
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

5/27/2010, 5:36 pm
leocartoon1 wrote:Let's see if you're really good at answering things. Answer this :

When did you hear about parallax?
And i pretty much think you can only scroll with a V-Cam.
And, there is only one way to parallax (excluding manually), the variables depend on how your movement is.
DarkZeroXP
DarkZeroXP
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2010-03-21

5/27/2010, 5:47 pm
omg dued u typeh 2 moch, OSEA VETE A UN BOSQUE Y PIERDETE
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

5/28/2010, 11:46 am
Eric wrote:
leocartoon1 wrote:Let's see if you're really good at answering things. Answer this :

When did you hear about parallax?
And i pretty much think you can only scroll with a V-Cam.
And, there is only one way to parallax (excluding manually), the variables depend on how your movement is.

I've did hear about it when I started to make experiments in MMF2. I like parallax scrolling since it does keep the sprite animations more realistic.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29

5/28/2010, 3:10 pm
well some of those questions seems like someone who doesn't speaks/writes english well.insulting them wont solve anything.it just makes you seen insensitive and kinda a jerk.i don't know you so i cant say.and why i don't have a question for you yet this topic almost seems like you are discouraging people to ask you anything from fear of being insulted.if its not my apologizes.and maybe someday ill have a question for you lets hope you in a better mood that day.
TheCaptainBadAss
TheCaptainBadAss
Banned
Banned
Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2010-04-24

5/28/2010, 8:13 pm
There are no such things as stupid questions, just the stupid people who ask them D:
BDB
BDB
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-11-04
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuXjF_iQpAu8knfObJU2EA

5/28/2010, 10:10 pm
I was just kidding about being scared to ask... lol I don't care
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2826
Registration date : 2010-02-17

6/1/2010, 1:23 pm
duz ne1 no how 2 git SPRTES!!!??111!!!11
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

6/1/2010, 3:47 pm
knux184 wrote:duz ne1 no how 2 git SPRTES!!!??111!!!11
Is this seriously real? >_>
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12927
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

6/1/2010, 5:45 pm

you mean !!!!!111!!???//!//111oneone!!!!slash//slash!??!!?one
Renny
Renny
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7880
Registration date : 2009-12-12

6/1/2010, 8:00 pm
Granadico wrote:

you mean !!!!!111!!???//!//111oneone!!!!slash//slash!??!!?one
The eff?
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

6/1/2010, 9:26 pm
wh3r3 Ð0 1 937 $0µnÐ ƒX!!1!!!1!!111!!

Jk jk

lol though those insults were kinda harsh dude.
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13124
Registration date : 2009-03-28

6/4/2010, 4:33 pm
SXR123 wrote:wh3r3 Ð0 1 937 $0µnÐ ƒX!!1!!!1!!111!!

Jk jk

lol though those insults were kinda harsh dude.
They aren't harsh its true. Imagine if someone asks you, "how do i use flash". What are you going to say...will you take the time to completely tell them how you personally animate? Then, when you're godly like Lange, you're probably asked this on a daily basis. Questions soon start to become rhetorical, and soon enough the people are just plain tedious.
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

6/5/2010, 5:25 pm
Well I get what your saying but why not just say or make a video saying

Stop asking

and HURRAY 50th post! *Dances*

back on topic, getting asked the same question over and over again can get annoying, I know that from experience. but if you don't want to answer it is one thing, but insulting another because of the question is uncalled for no matter how mad you are or how annoying the same question gets.

Think about it this way, theres a newbie beginning animation, that persons parents or friends find his work great, mostly because they've never seen it done before. But the newbie HAS seen more, seeing short factors work he wants to be just like his favorite animator. So he askes

"Hey, can you tell me how to animate like you?"

Now I don't know SF personally so I don't know how he'd react, but if he were to insult the person or as others say, "tear him a new one" that person would pretty much feel dead inside, quit animating and there goes another could have been awesome, animator.

Being annoyed is one thing, destroying ones self esteem because you're annoyed is another.
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

6/5/2010, 8:16 pm
SXR123 wrote:Well I get what your saying but why not just say or make a video saying

Stop asking

and HURRAY 50th post! *Dances*

back on topic, getting asked the same question over and over again can get annoying, I know that from experience. but if you don't want to answer it is one thing, but insulting another because of the question is uncalled for no matter how mad you are or how annoying the same question gets.

Think about it this way, theres a newbie beginning animation, that persons parents or friends find his work great, mostly because they've never seen it done before. But the newbie HAS seen more, seeing short factors work he wants to be just like his favorite animator. So he askes

"Hey, can you tell me how to animate like you?"

Now I don't know SF personally so I don't know how he'd react, but if he were to insult the person or as others say, "tear him a new one" that person would pretty much feel dead inside, quit animating and there goes another could have been awesome, animator.

Being annoyed is one thing, destroying ones self esteem because you're annoyed is another.
Knowing Lange myself, he does these things on purpose. Hearing amazing feedback all the time will not make you amazing. When you get a good critical review, you know what to improve and so on.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

6/6/2010, 5:06 am
Patt is right. I wouldn't be the AWESUM animator that I am now without critcism.

I know, when you get nice comments is good. But I appreciate even more when someone give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITCISM. It makes you get even better.

And, Mr. Lange is like that. On his deviantART he says that you can say anything about him. Anything. People just didn't say anything because we know who's going to cry.
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

6/6/2010, 10:09 am
leocartoon1 wrote:Patt is right. I wouldn't be the AWESUM animator that I am now without critcism.

I know, when you get nice comments is good. But I appreciate even more when someone give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITCISM. It makes you get even better.

And, Mr. Lange is like that. On his deviantART he says that you can say anything about him. Anything. People just didn't say anything because we know who's going to cry.
I'm not going to say anything about "AWESUM"....

And, wtf, who's going to cry? Lange doesn't give two shits about that.
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator

6/7/2010, 5:03 am
I'm not saying nothing about Lange. Just telling that some people fear him.

I just don't know why, he's funny

EDIT : Oh, I did read my post now. lol
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

6/7/2010, 6:23 am
I used to be afraid of lange to, and now i even got him to join the site. SF may be critical but he's not that mean he just never sugar coats.
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

6/7/2010, 3:22 pm
as much as I'd like to be awesome'n stuff when ever I post a wip here, all I get are, "Good job!" and "Great! can't wait to see more!" But ven I go onto a different WIP thread here and see all this. "You need to improve with.... and you also need......" AH VANT CRITICISM...

I can understand harsh criticism but when it's just down right killing you with non stop insults thats ven I feel it's a bit to much. so I stress you all when I post a wip, a great job dude is nice... But tell me what I can improve on mostlehz... TANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT... *disappears*
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum